Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Ch-ch-changes Week 3


It has been a crazy couple of weeks and I'll be honest, I could be doing a lot better at making my weekly changes! I'm going to really focus on sticking to these goals this week! I have still been doing fairly well drinking my water, but I have not met my goal every day. The yoga has also been going pretty well but I have only managed to do either the morning or evening routines, but not both. Boo! I stink. This week I am going to make a change that doesn't require me to add anything extra to my day, just do something differently! That way, hopefully I can make the water and yoga higher priorities!


I eat breakfast almost every day, especially since I am still breastfeeding Olivia. Lately I have just been grabbing anything I can find from toast to scrambled eggs to a granola bar. Last fall I came up with a recipe for a green smoothie that I really enjoyed, but the holidays threw me off of my routine and the smoothie got lost in the shuffle.

I am going to reinstate my Apple Peanut Butter Green Smoothie as my daily breakfast. Not only is it tasty, but it also keeps me full for much longer than anything else I eat. I use a lot of peanut butter in my version, but it is a natural peanut butter and I think it is important for me to get extra protein while I'm feeding the baby. I'm certain that you could lower the amount in the recipe and it would still be amazingly delicious!

I begin by putting 1 cup of baby spinach and 1 cup of 1% milk in my blender and turning it to puree. I have also used a spinach kale mixture before and that works just as well!


While that is blending, I gather apple sauce, peanut butter, honey and flax seed. I blend as long as needed, waiting until all of the spinach is liquefied. Then, I add 1/2 cup of applesauce, 1/4 cup of peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of flax seed and just a small squirt of honey, before turning the blender back to puree while I put everything away.


Last, I throw in 3-4 ice cubes and chop those up a little bit. I typically drink mine with a milk shake straw, but it tastes great no matter how you drink it!


The recipe is below, I hope you enjoy it!
              



Apple Peanut Butter Green Smoothie

Ingredients

  • 1 cup baby spinach or spinach kale mix
  • 1 cup 1% milk
  • 1/2 cup natural unsweetened apple sauce
  • 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons flax seed sprinkles
  • a dash of honey :)
  • 3-4 ice cubes
Directions
  1. Blend spinach and milk together.
  2. Add apple sauce, peanut butter, flax seed and honey then blend.
  3. Blend in ice cubes.
  4. ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh that is a great smoothie! I love adding spinach or kale to get my greens in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Then I can hide them under the fruity yumminess :)

      Delete