Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Ch-ch-changes Week 1


Olivia is 8 months old! This time has absolutely flown by and we have been enjoying every second of it. That being said, I am still carrying around all of my baby weight. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people who loses all of the weight from breastfeeding. I wish! In the past, I tried to make healthy changes in a big burst. I would change my eating habits, start trying to work in exercise and try to drink more water all at once, then burn myself out quickly. In the hopes that I can actually make some new good habits, I am going to make my changes using baby steps. Every Tuesday I am going to pick a new change or habit to start.

For the first week of my ch-ch-changes I am going to work on drinking more water. Some of the benefits of drinking plenty of water include weight loss, higher energy levels, healthier skin and less digestive issues, as well as keeping you hydrated for exercise. The average human body is made up of 75% water which is why it is so important to drink enough!


My ch-ch-changes plan for the week is to drink at least 8 glasses/ 64 ounces of water every day. It is a lofty goal that I often have a hard time achieving. So I did what I usually do when looking for inspiration... I turned to Pinterest. I found this awesome post from Get Healthy U that sounded like a great way to begin.

Find a 32 ounce bottle that you don't mind writing on with a Sharpie. I have a really nice plastic 32 ounce mug that my bestie got me over a year ago to help us drink more water. Hopefully it works now!


The one she gave me even has notches along the sides. Above the notches, I wrote AM on the left and PM on the right. Then I put times throughout the day next to each notch. On my AM side, I have 9:00 AM through 2:00 PM, then I will refill the jug and repeat between 3:00 PM and 8:00 PM. Any water I drink after that is bonus :)



I also like drinking my water cold, so I made sure to add some ice to make it extra tasty. Other ways to make it less boring would include adding fruit, lemon juice or herbs. For me, I'd rather just drink it plain and icy!

It is 2:00 right now and I have had no problem finishing my first jug of water. I will be headed into the kitchen momentarily for a refill!

Do you have any good tips for an increased water intake?
              

2 comments:

  1. The mason jar is an adorable idea. Yes, drinking water is one of my goals too. I'd love to have you link these up to my weekly #GratitudeGoals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm linking this post on #GratitudeGoals right now, thanks for the invite :)

      Delete