The first time I made these cookies it was for a family reunion cookie exchange. Every person attending would bring several dozen cookies and everyone got to go home with a couple of each variety.
It was such a wonderful party and these cookies were a hit! I actually ended up making them again not too long after that party because I had to give too many of them away :)
In my opinion, peanut butter and chocolate is a match made in heaven. My hubby likes the combo but doesn't love it and he still loooooves these cookies! You probably need to make them pronto.
Instead of pictures, I made you guys a video that walks you through the easy steps to making these delicious cookies! As always, the recipe is included at the bottom of the page!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies - makes approx. 4 1/2 dozen
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 sticks butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 10 oz bag peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cocoa and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating well.
- Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Put rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-9 minutes.
- Do not overbake, cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.
- Cool slightly, then move to wire rack.