Saturday, April 9, 2016

Have Your Own Biggest Loser Competition!


Happy Saturday! Did you do anything fun today? Here in Indiana I woke up to a deck covered in snow with some very droopy flowers in the yard! My sister and I tried to go get pedicures, but the place was jam packed so we decided to wait until a weeknight. The rest of my day has been spent planning for a Biggest Loser challenge that begins tomorrow.


Olivia will be turning one in a little over a month. There are no more excuses when it comes to this baby weight, it needs to come off like yesterday! I was so excited when one of my best friends from college reached out to me and a bunch of our friends with the suggestion that we do a biggest loser competition.

Each of us put in ten dollars, then at the end of 6 weeks the person with the biggest weight loss percentage gets to keep the pot! There are also going to be weekly challenges that cost $1 if you fail to complete them. 

I am super competitive, so I'm hoping the motivation to win will really propel me forward because the ultimate goal is to lose weight. That being said, when I win this I plan to get myself some cute new clothes for my cute new body :)

Here is my plan for Week 1:
  1. Start running 20 minutes a day, stopping to walk if needed.
  2. Do a 20 minute exercise video, I'm doing Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack .
  3. Drink an Apple Peanut Butter Green Smoothie for breakfast. (click the link for the recipe)
  4. Eat Chicken Veggie Soup for lunch. (recipe will be coming later this week)
  5. Eat either chicken or salmon with steamed veggies for dinner.
  6. Apples, pineapple and hard boiled eggs for snacks.
  7. Drink only water.
So, do you think that my changes will be enough to get me to the front of the pack? I'll be writing an update next week that will include whether I was able to stick to the plan as well as my weight loss percentage.

Wish me luck!!!

              



4 comments:

  1. May I suggest you add some healthy fats to your plan...olive oil, coconut oil, grass fed butter or ghee. Don't be afraid of fats. Your body needs them for so many reasons, esp your brain and they will help you feel full longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great suggestion, thank you! I have been cooking my dinners with olive oil and butter, but adding in some coconut oil or ghee is something I should definitely try!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea to do a competition with a friend and get some money involved. That is pretty motivating and would help you make more progress. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that my friend suggested it! The competitive aspect lit a fire under me like nothing else would have :) I'll be posting the results shortly, as the competition just wrapped up!

      Delete